Happy New Year to you and yours, McGill!
First of all, THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING FALL 2012! We absolutely killed it this semester with all of our events, and sent in over $11,000 to the Right To Play Head Office! Special thanks to RTP’s First and Second Year Teams, Zeta Psi Fraternity Campus Perks, Smoke’s Poutinerie, Wildcard, Club Sportif MAA, McGill Athletics
Hope amidst all of your Carnival-ing, Science Games-ing and general debauchery-ing you’ve been thinking about the BIG things we’ve got planned with RTP!! Keep reading to find out some sick ways you can get involved, and what to look forward to this semester!
But first, HUGE SHOUT OUT to Emma Stanton and the McMUN staff and delegates for organizing and participating in a fantastic conference this past weekend! We were hugely blessed by being selected as the charity of choice, and we had some big exposure to over 75 universities stretching Canada, USA and abroad! Canada’s most decorated female Olympian and Right To Play Athlete Ambassador Marnie McBean spoke at the conference, and in total the weekend at McMUN raised over $3,500!!
THINGS TO EXPECT THIS SEMESTER:
- If you missed SSMU’s Winter Activities Night on January 28 and would like to be a part of the McGill Students for Right To Play team, follow these steps!
- Click the GET INVOLVED tab on this website
- Complete the BECOME A MEMBER SECTION
If you are a First or Second Year student interested in joining our First or Second Year Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will appropriately hook you up!
- EXEC APPLICATIONS FOR 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR will be released via email and social networks on February 1, and will be due by March 1. If you are keen and committed to taking on a bigger role with us, please apply!
- FEBRUARY 12: This is a big day for us!! Come join us in the FIRST EVER Right To Play Day at two elementary schools in Montreal! We’ll be playing Right To Play inspired games all day from 8 AM-3 PM. Hit up this link to volunteer at a time slot, or be dope and volunteer all day! HASHTAG FOR THE KIDS YA FEEL?
- The First Year Team has been busy organizing the residence competition PENNY WARS. Stay tuned and check FB to get more info!
- The Second Year Team has responded to the hugely successful Right To Crawl and will be hosting ANOTHER APARTMENT CRAWL THIS SEMESTER. BIGGER. BETTER. BEER-ER. STAY TUNED.
- Remember Right To Like? AKA “the day all social networks hated us” aka “the day we got #RTPDay trending on Montreal Twitter?” REMEMBER IT. AND REMEMBER IT WELL. IT WILL MAKE A RETURN IN A VERY BIG WAY.
- RIGHT TO PARTY 2013. ENOUGH SAID.
- DODGEBALL 2013. No better way to end the semester than to stretch that arm that’s been writing midterms all semester long and sling rubber balls at each other, right? RIGHT.
This is going to be a sick, sick, SICK semester. Make sure you like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rtpmcgill and follow us on Twitter @RTPMcGill to get the latest scoop on these events, and how you can get involved!
BIG THINGS POPPIN’, LIL’THINGS STOPPIN’
BALL ON THESE SUCKAS, SHAWTY LOSIN’ AIN’T AN OPTION